NA-User

[na-user] Contesting w/ NA & BITTY

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [na-user] Contesting w/ NA & BITTY
From: Michael Barts <n4gu@vt.edu> (Michael Barts)
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 15:29:35 -0400
I intended to post something last week, but let it slip by.

Some of you may remember that week before last I posted about some problems
I was having running K6STI's BITTY program with NA 10.30. Dave hopped on it
and found the problem and fixed it, putting out 10.31 in time for the NAQP
RTTY contest.

I want to report that the combo worked great! This was the first time I
have tried RTTY contesting. I'm happy to be able to use NA since it has
become my logger of choice. While I don't have experience with hardware TUs
for comparison, I have to say that the Soundblaster with BITTY performed
great. The only station I heard that I couldn't copy or work was a Montana
station on 80m, and that's attributable to my poor 80m antenna. If you want
to try RTTY contesting, want to keep using NA for logging, and don't want
to invest a lot in a hardware TU - the Soundblaster, RTTY, NA combination
seems like a pretty good way to go. Lastly, thanks to K8CC and K9TM for
finding and fixing the bugs.

73, Mike N4GU

R. Michael Barts                                   (540) 231-7280
Research Associate                                 (540) 231-3355 FAX
Antenna Lab/Satellite Communications Lab
Center for Wireless Telecommunications                   ARS N4GU
Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University        EM97SD
http://lab.ant.ee.vt.edu/                                n4gu@vt.edu
http://lab.ant.ee.vt.edu/n4gu/n4gu.htm