NA-User

[na-user] CVB opinions wanted

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [na-user] CVB opinions wanted
From: Milt Jensen <miltj@dvec.org> (Milt Jensen)
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 1999 17:21:48 -0700
I must echo Russ' results.  I spent nearly 100 hours total, constructing
and then mostly trying to debug the CVB.  Never could get the transmit
audio to record.  I even went out and bought a new "Sound Blaster"
board, because I was told my "SB compatible" board was the problem.
That made no difference.  Never could get it to work.

I then ordered up the K1EA board.  It arrived.  I read the instructions,
installed it in the PC, connected it to the radio, and everything was
completely operational in less than two hours from the time UPS
delivered it to my door.

That was three years ago.  A dozen contests and 3 Field Days later it is
still working absolutely perfect.  Superb audio.  The snippet recording
capability and the any length QSO record plus instant playback are
great.  The best thing since sliced bread and canned beer.

I have no relation with or to K1EA, the DVP board, or anything else
other than to be an extremely satisfied user.  73 de Milt, N5IA