NA-User

[na-user] Rig control puzzle

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [na-user] Rig control puzzle
From: Scott Dickson, W5WZ" <W5WZ@arrl.net (Scott Dickson, W5WZ)
Date: Sat, 07 Oct 2000 08:17:13 -0500

> >Keep in mind that you CANNOT share IRQs to run NA.  Each port needs
> >its own
> >address and IRQ.  Also, you can't count on "plug-and-play" under
> >Windows to
> >set up the ports correctly for a DOS program?
> >
> >Is COM1 shared with an on-board modem?
=====================
No, as far as I know it is on Com 4.  That's the info reported in Win98
device manager.

> >What you really need is a tool to verify IRQ settings *under DOS*.

==========================
I found a utility last night on the net, but haven't tried it yet.  Anyone
ever use this one before?  I might add that they have a page on their
website that reviews over 30 serial cards, including cards with up to 16
ports.  There are many cards listed with 4 - 8 ports.

IRQInfo Version 3.02
====
IRQInfo is written and supported by:
Computer Telecommunication Systems, Inc. (CTS)

For updates and information about other products, please
contact CTS:

   WWW: http://www.comminfo.com
   FTP: ftp://ftp.comminfo.com/comminfo.com/
Email: support@comminfo.com
Phone: 1-770-263-8623
   Fax: 1-770-263-0124

Note: we are in the US Eastern Time Zone

Computer Telecommunication Systems, Inc.
3847 Foxwood Road, Suite 1000
Duluth, GA 30096-6100 USA

WWW:                      http://datom.contesting.com/