NA-User

[na-user] ALT-F4 working?

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [na-user] ALT-F4 working?
From: Ron Wetjen <wd4ahz@gte.net> (Ron Wetjen)
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 04:54:51 +0000
I don't use packet, so grabbing spots from the announcement window,
won't work.

What I want to do, primarily while S&P, is sweep the band, and either
fill the bandmap (set on fixed position) with stations I'm working,
dupes, or stations I want to go back to later, if I don't get them on
the first or second call.  When I sweep again, I won't waste my time on
stations already in the bandmap (yeah I know, why S&P, when I should be
running anyway!!)

With the bandmap set in the fixed position, CTRL-right arrow, allows you
to pull the call and frequency of one of the unworked stations, into the
log.  So, if I'm tuning around the band, and decide to try one of the
stations in the bandmap, I can bring that station up, hopefully work it,
then hit CTRL-F4, and go back to the frequency I stopped tuning on, and
continue to S&P.

As I wrote in my original post, I may not be doing something correctly,
and it may be in fact, that ALT-F4 isn't even supposed to work with what
I'm trying to do!!  If that's the case, then everything is working as it
should!

Don't want to bother Dave, since he's probably recuperating from his
trip to KP2 (thanks for the Q's and mults!  I think my only 6 bander!)
Just thought someone else would know if ALT-F4 is supposed to work this
way, since it doesn't seem to work for me.  (Since my post was sent
before ARRL DX and only came out after the mailing list came back up
after ARRL DX, it's not that "urgent" anymore!)

Ron

--
One of the W1AW/4 Crew - IARU/WRTC-2000

WD4AHZ Homepage - http://www.qsl.net/wd4ahz