[Orion] Heil Pro Set HC-4 (Orion)

To: orion@contesting.com
Subject: [Orion] Heil Pro Set HC-4 (Orion)
From: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2003 16:03:52 -0400
KE7GI:
>which audio equalization settings, etc. work best so that I do not lose the "punch" of the HC-4 for DX and contests?

        Do not set TX EQ to a positive number since this would emphasize
more lows and thus lose the higher frequency punch of the HC-4.  Setting
it to a negative number would emphasize more highs.  I'm leaving mine
set to zero which should retain the usual HC-4 response since I've had
good luck using it without any additional equalization in other radios.

73, Bill W4ZV