[Orion] Good news from K1EA re Orion CT fans!

To: tentec@contesting.com, orion@contesting.com
Subject: [Orion] Good news from K1EA re Orion CT fans!
From: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 12:33:49 -0500

Yippee! Just in time for CQ WW CW! Thanks to Ken K1EA.

73, Bill W4ZV

[ct-user] CT9.92 with TenTec Orion Support

http://lists.contesting.com/archives//html/CT-User/2003-11/msg00059.html

This should be the final release before the CQWW CW weekend. The changes involve the PTT function and addition of the TenTec Orion.

By the way, I liked using the Orion better than I thought I would. I ran some
Europeans on Saturday in the LZ contest and found it very easy to get used to.
Also, programming CT to interface it was very easy, which I appreciate very
much.

* PTT now works with paddle sending. You should not need to turn on your vox
on CW. The important text commands are:

PTTDELAY - set the delay from ptt to first keydown in milliseconds. A good
number is 20 for most amps

PTTHANG - set the time the ptt stays asserted after you stop sending. This is
in baud (dot times). A good number to start with is 5. This is the equivalent
of vox delay on your radio.

* The repeat function in CW finally works properly again. If you are in repeat
mode and press F1 (or anything else) while the waiting for the next CQ to
start, it starts right away. This has been broken for a while.

* The TenTec Orion is now supported.