[Orion] Microphone for the Orion

To: "Orion Reflector" <orion@contesting.com>
Subject: [Orion] Microphone for the Orion
From: "W0YG Charlie Summers" <w0yg@plusten.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 17:33:47 -0000
Folks:

What is the microphone de jour for the TenTec Orion?

I see the Orion Manual refers to the Heil Studio One but I must be spacing
something out as I cannot find that mic.  I would prefer headphones with a
boom type microphone as part of the headphone but after W4ZV's posts, I am
not sure about the HC-4 and HC-5 elements.

I intend to contact Doug Smith and get his recommendations but in the
meantime, if those with successful audio reports without clipping will
contact me off-line, I will summarize for the group.

Thanks, Happy Thanksgiving and 73,

Charlie, W0YG..>>