[TenTec] 9MHz 500HZ filter

To: tentec@contesting.com, orion@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] 9MHz 500HZ filter
From: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 18:35:30 -0500
I wrote:
>The 600 Hz filter has a BW of ~900 Hz at 20 dB
down versus the stock 1000 Hz filter which is ~1070 Hz at 6 dB down,
so there should be some noticeable improvement in dynamic range
performance at very close spacings.

        Just to make a better comparison, I used Orion's 18 dB
attenuator to check the BW of the 1000 Hz filter.  I measured
~1500 Hz at 18 dB down which is the comparable number to the
600 Hz filter's BW of ~900 Hz at 20 dB down.  This means you
could probably maintain Orion's current 1 kHz BDR and IMD
performance for even tighter signal spacings (600 Hz is my
guess).

73, Bill W4ZV