[Orion] Help Setting Up for 10m Contest

To: orion@contesting.com
Subject: [Orion] Help Setting Up for 10m Contest
From: Eric Rosenberg <wd3q@starpower.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 08:59:06 -0500
I haven't yet used my Orion in a contest, but will do so this weekend for
the 10m contest.  FWIW, As in years past, I'll likely be SOLP from here
in DC, operating low power, w/out spots, using Writelog (v1.48F) to
control the radio to a low yagi (C3SS) and low dipole.

I've been following the threads and reports of previous contest efforts
and am curious to know how you are setting up your Orion for a dual-mode
contest like the 10m 'test, which is both CW and SSB.

Among the items I need to get a better understanding of is how you
control -- on the fly -- AGC and other 'not on the front panel' items on
the radio.

Some other questions: is a way to have separate setups for CW and SSB?
how do I manage the NR function (which, as I've mentioned in a previously
posted query, I loved and regularly used in the Omni-6+); and if there is
a wa to 'skip up or down the band' as there was with the Omni's > keys.

Thanks in advance,

Eric W3DQ
Washington, DC