Re: [Orion] OK...newbie needs some hep.

To: "Larry Menzel" <retire@means.net>
Subject: Re: [Orion] OK...newbie needs some hep.
From: "Christoph Rheker" <christor@microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 08:36:03 -0000
Hallo Larry,

so Hyperterminal is OK.. that means, the connection between your PC and
the Orion is fine.

I had a similar issue where Terminal was working but the software (VE3SUN
Beacon Observer in my case) could not control the radio. I dont know
DX4WIN but maybe this helps:

In the software I had to enter the commands in hex instead of using ASCII
characters.

Example, how to change the freq to 14.000 MHz:

"$2e414631343030303030300d" instead of "*AF14.000" works OK.

On the rfsquared web pages there is a "programmers guide" that tells you
all the commands you may need. Also check the RTS and DTR settings, not sure
how you can do that in DX4WIN..

Good luck and enjoy your new Orion!

73, Chris
DL4YAO