Re: [Orion] ORION - eprom

To: Richard Hemingway <rheming1@sbcglobal.net>, orion@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Orion] ORION - eprom
From: "Grant Youngman" <nq5t@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 21:26:39 -0500
> Does anyone know if the eprom in the Orion is soldered in or is user
> replaceable??  I am still have big troubles upgrading.  However, I
> certainly wish to thank everyone who has replied to me with help and
> assistance

The code store in the Orion is not pluggable.

Are you using Windows -- any version -- with nothing more than T-T
Update, and a straight RS-232 cable or USB-to-RS232 cable?  If not, it's
most likely the "other stuff" that is causing the problem.  You need to get
rid of it, and get back to basics.

Virtually all of the reported Orion upload problems have ended up being
issues with the PC and/or it's software, or cables.

Mac -- that's another issue.  I know nnnnothing ...