Re: [Orion] Version 2.054 Beta Installation Question

To: k2xx@swva.net, orion@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Orion] Version 2.054 Beta Installation Question
From: CATFISHTWO@aol.com
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 18:11:15 EST

In a message dated 2/17/2006 1:14:44 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
k2xx@swva.net writes:

I just  downloaded and installed the version 2 firmware and did a master
reset  (but not on the memories or the filter settings).  Although the
installation program reported a successful upgrade, the radio is still
reporting version 1.372 during the startup routine.  I again  reinstalled
the firmware "successfully" and did a master reset again and I  still see
1.372 on startup.  I verified the installation using the  supplied
program and it reported everything was OK.

Is the version  number reported by the radio not changing when the
upgrade is made or is  there something else going on here?  Or do I have
to reset the  memories and filters too?  I was trying to avoid that.

Any input  would be appreciated.

73, Joe
K2XX

I had the same problem, I was re uploading the 1.372 package, twice.. be
sure you have the 2.054 package and where it is down loaded too..

ooops!!
tom N6AJR