[Orion] Replacing Orion RIT encoder - help?

To: "Ten-Tec Reflector" <tentec@contesting.com>,"Orion @contesting.com" <orion@contesting.com>
Subject: [Orion] Replacing Orion RIT encoder - help?
From: "John (KE5C)" <ke5c@hot.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 16:05:15 -0600
I'm sure the factory can advise me, but they are not open today and I don't know
about tomorrow (holiday), so I am wondering, has anyone replaced their Orion RIT
(or any other) encoder?  Mine has become intermittent, and I know a few other
folks had the same problem, although they sent theirs in.  I might not have even
considered this, except most of the disassembly required is also necessary if
you are doing your own control board modification to make best use of the V2
firmware.  I am stuck trying to figure out how to separate the encoder board
from the front panel board.  A pin header makes most of the connections, but
something else is involved in holding this is place, and I think it has to do
with some white spacers.  Here are some pictures:

http://www.bosshardradio.com/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=orion_rit

Any ideas?  Thanks if so!  73, John