[Orion] Replacing Orion RIT encoder - help?

To: "Orion @contesting.com" <orion@contesting.com>
Subject: [Orion] Replacing Orion RIT encoder - help?
From: "John (KE5C)" <ke5c@hot.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 16:20:52 -0600
> Download the instructions for doing the v2 hardware mod.  It has detailed
instructions on disassembly of the front panel.

Thanks, but these instructions stop short of explaining how the RIT encoder
board can be disassembled from the front panel printed circuit board - that is
my problem.

> Others have had luck temporarily fixing the rit encoder by pulling and turning
it.

Ahhh, additional others have had this problem too.  I've noticed the above fix
too, but it is very temporary, so while I have the Orion apart, I want to
replace the encoder (if I can).

73, John