[Orion] New Orion owner

To: <orion@contesting.com>
Subject: [Orion] New Orion owner
From: <k8vf_mark@centurytel.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 01:15:15 -0400
Thanks to all whom sent emails to me .

I have saved them and am pleased with the information I received.

My Orion arrived with 2.056 firmware and I was pleased that the sweep mod
had been done, too.

Rig is like new(Thanks Gerald, w7ckw)

My only complaint:

A silly one- the feet are much farther apart compared with the Omni V and VI
and it won't sit on my shelf as it is only 12 inches deep. I have to build a
new shelf to accommodate the new toy.

Did that keep me from trying it out tonight?  Yeah, sure!(Hardly)  Coax
extension to the workbench got me going ok.

It seems a wonderful rig and I look forward to working you all.

Thanks again,

Mark
K8VF