RFI

[RFI] Telephone line filters

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Telephone line filters
From: k6ll@juno.com (k6ll@juno.com)
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 19:53:33 +0100

On Wed, 22 Jul 1998 08:30:09 -0400 Jim Reisert AD1C
<jjreisert@alum.mit.edu> writes:

>I need a source of good telephone line filters.  I'm having some
>problems
>here in the house and across the street, mostly on 15/20 meters when
>running the KW.

My approach is to buy a Radio Shack 43-591 telephone for $20. It's
as cheap as most filters, and I think it's more effective. It goes
on sale frequently for about $16.

Depending on how nice the neighbor is, I give it to them, loan
it to them long-term, or try to get them to buy one. If it doesn't
solve the problem, it can be taken back to RS for a refund.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
San Diego, CA
K6LL@juno.com

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

WWW:                      http://www.contesting.com/rfi-faq.html