RFI

R: [RFI] 6 meter TVI (audio only)

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: R: [RFI] 6 meter TVI (audio only)
From: Maurizio Panicara" <i4jmy@iol.it (Maurizio Panicara)
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 21:08:24 +0200
It looks RF detected from TV audio amplifier rather than other causes.
What is a bit strange is not to have the same problem on lower frequencies.
I would place some ferrite (one for each input or output) toroids or sticks
along all the cables connected to the TV set.
The hope is that some of the wire inside TV is not playing as the receiving
antenna otherwise the only possible cures are:
1) A metal cage or aluminium foil around TV set.
2) An emi circuit on the TV board.
Because of the relatively high frequency, already a few turns over the
ferrites
should be enough.

73,
Mauri I4JMY