RFI

[RFI] RFI into alpha amplifier

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] RFI into alpha amplifier
From: Herb Rosenberg <herbr@netcom.com> (Herb Rosenberg)
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 11:52:57 -0700 (PDT)

I have a two radio station with multiple antennas, and and alpha87a, and
an alpha 89a.  For some reason, I am getting RF into the 89, which is in
the second operating postion, when I transmit from the other operating
position on certain antennas.  This RF, appears as a buzzing sound from
inside the amp, and is only occurs if that amp is in the operate
position. If I place the amp in standby, this doesn't happen.  This stray
rf also trips the external swr meter connected to the amp.  It seems like
this has just started to happen, so I know somethign has changed, but I
can't find it.  I tore about and redid halp the station in an effort to
find the problem, with no luck.

I have a extensive ground system for all equipment in the shack, with all
equipment tied to a common ground, and then immediately going outside to
the earth ground.  My station setup is fairly complex with dunestar
bandpass filters, top ten devices, polyphaser lighning and NEMA boxes
with copper panels to mount most of this stuff in.

Thanks.

herbr@netcom.com

WWW:                      http://www.contesting.com/rfi-faq.html