RFI

[RFI] Ferrite Materials

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Ferrite Materials
From: Jon Ogden <jono@enteract.com> (Jon Ogden)
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 1999 19:03:14 -0600
on 12/7/99 10:15 AM, EDWARDS, EDDIE J at eedwards@oppd.com wrote:

> [Ed-K0iL]  Perhaps you are not considering which signal is actually
> causing the interference.  Is it the fundamental signal on 3.5Mhz, 7Mhz,
> 14Mhz, 21Mhz, or 28Mhz?  (I know, I left out the WARCs).  Or is it one of
> the Harmonics?

It's a good point.  However, in my case, I don't think out of band harmonics
(> 30 MHz) are a real issue since I have a very good lowpass filter on the
output of the amplifier and generally use an antenna tuner as well.

The original question was what material is best for the HF band.  Certainly,
if your interference is from 10 meters, then material 43 would be the best.
If it is all bands, then material 77 or a combination of the two would be
the best choice.

73,

Jon
KE9NA