RFI

[RFI] Re: Radio Frequency Interference (RFI) Digest V4 #56

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Re: Radio Frequency Interference (RFI) Digest V4 #56
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com> (Pete Smith)
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 12:04:31 -0400
At 10:19 AM 6/28/01 -0500, scameron wrote:

>Has anyone had success with transmitted RFI using a RF Inquiry HI-Q Common
Mode Filter as
>advertised in QST and by AEA?
>What types of RFI from what types of rig/antennas on what bands have been
eliminated?

I will bow to anyone who has actually dissected one, but from the external
design and claims I have the impression that this is nothing but a 4X
overpriced version of the line isolator from Radioworks, which in turn is
just an expensively packaged version of the W2DU bead choke.  You can buy a
kit with the coax and beads from The Wireman for $8 and add your own
connectors and enclosure, or you can pay.....

73, Pete N4ZR
No, no ... that's WEST Virginia

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/FAQ/rfi