RFI

[RFI] AFCI

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] AFCI
From: ke2n@cs.com (ke2n@cs.com)
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2002 13:58:30 -0500
Well - it seems extremely unlikely to me that these things actually radiate any
RF (part 15 warnings notwithstanding). The potential problem will be
susceptability.

They are required, by law, in new construction where the branch circuit has an
outlet in the bedroom (in my county and probably mosst other places).

You won't be able to put a low pass filter on them because they need to detect
HF energy to work. Most you could do is slip some ferrite on for common mode
attenuation (I suppose).

This will a good way to convince the XYL that there is no room for a guest bed
in the new hamshack....

>> Any vendors out there who would like to chime in ?

Ken