RFI

[RFI] Off Topic Request for Info

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Off Topic Request for Info
From: kk6t@joneslumber.com (Terry Dunlap)
Date: Thu, 02 May 2002 10:48:19 -0700
Please excuse the off topic message but this seemed like the best
reflector for my question.

All our workstations are on UPS's.  Yesterday I watched in horror
as all the UPS's on one circuit started blowing one by one moving
down the line in sequence.  By "blowing" I mean arcing and smoking
from what I assume to be the power supply.

The power company (S.C. Edison) and the electrical contractor we
use are investigating but at this point haven't volunteered any info.

One thought was that it was a large voltage spike but that raises the
question as to why only the one circuit was affected.

I would appreciate any thoughts you folks might have as to the cause.

73 de Terry KK6T