RFI

[RFI] M&S Systems intercom RFI where to start

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] M&S Systems intercom RFI where to start
From: eedwards@oppd.com (EDWARDS, EDDIE J)
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 11:31:19 -0500

        Rob, I'll have to disagree with a slight disclaimer:  If RF is coming
into the unit VIA the external cabling and then getting rectified or "detected"
internally, then the ferrite chokes will probably work fine.  If there is some
other cabling internal that is picking up the signal, put chokes on them as
well, if there's enough spare wiring/cable and they're placed as close to the
detecting P-N junction(s) as possible.  If it's picked up by the PC board
(fairly unlikely) then it's simply due to poor design of the board or
circuits--not much to do except by a good one.

        Most of the time the audio rectification problem is caused by external
cabling picking up the signal in a common-mode manner then the device can
detect the signal once it's found a P-N junction in an amp or whatever.

        73,
        de ed -K0iL