RFI

[RFI] Power line RFI situation

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Power line RFI situation
From: k5uj@hotmail.com (Rob Atkinson, K5UJ)
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 23:22:34 +0000
Hi Ed,

thanks for the reply.  I don't have any really bad line noise right now.
After I went in person to the city electrical dept. (I think showing up in
person is better than a phone call) and talked face to face with one of the
power engineers I got a phone call a week later telling me they found some
poles near my house that lacked "noise supressors" which I have never heard
of, and which they installed.  That was back in the summer.  I waited for
fall with cooler wx, and alternating damp and dry condx to see if the noise
would return and it hasn't.  I guess that did it or else it went away by
coincidence.  I'm getting minor intermittent appliance type noise now which
I think is from my neighbors.  Now that I'm reasonably sure the power pole
noise is gone, I plan to write a thank you letter and copy the dept. head
and maybe the mayor.

But back to the ultrasonic rx--so I don't need it & can wait for your guy to
try it. I hope you do a short writeup in QST.  Maybe someone else could give
it a try?

Tnx & 73,

Rob Atkinson
K5UJ