RFI

[RFI] Low Voltage Walkway Light RFI

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Low Voltage Walkway Light RFI
From: kelly at thejohnsons.ws (N6KJ)
Date: Fri Jul 11 11:51:33 2003
Last night I tracked down one of the sources of RFI in my neighborhood.
It turned out to be the low-voltage walkway lights I put in about 6 weeks
ago.  The lights are halogen lights manufactured by Malibu and the
transformer(s) are made by Hampton Bay.  Does anyone else have experience
with this?  Is this a problem with all of these lights or is it unique
to this/these manufacturer(s)?  Is this usually a transformer issue,
a light issue, or a wiring issue?  Is there anything I can do, except rip them
out or turn them off when I operate the rig?  Are there any other walkway
lights that I can get that are "quiet"?  Maybe the solar ones?