RFI

[RFI] Getting WiFi Upstairs

To: rfi@contesting.com, pvrc-request@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [RFI] Getting WiFi Upstairs
From: Eric Rosenberg <wd3q@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2003 01:41:35 -0400
My 70+ year-old plaster and lathing house is seriously confining my (D-Link) WiFi network to the basement and the room just above the Acess Point. I added a 6 dBi patch antenna, but it seems to have done little good. My goal is to reach from the rear of the basement to the second floor front room.

A friend suggested "leaky coax" as an alternative. Not knowing much (if anything) about the subject, I'm coming here for some advice on how to a) get the signal up from the basement, and b) what impact I might see on my HF reception -- I've not noticed anything so far, with the WiFi AP about 3 feet from the HF rig.

As always, thanks in advance,

Eric W3DQ
Washington, DC