RFI

Re: [RFI] Anyone heard of this type of noise?

To: Scott Neader KA9FOX <ka9fox@QTH.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Anyone heard of this type of noise?
From: Bill Turner <wrt@dslextreme.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 09:20:15 -0800
On Sun, 16 Nov 2003 09:27:47 -0600, Scott Neader KA9FOX
<ka9fox@QTH.com> wrote:

>A local ham started getting a strange noise on HF, only at night.  It is 2
>khz wide, every 15 Khz and is audible across 20 through 40 meters.
>
>Any tips?

Quite likely a TV set, but I once had a similar problem from a golf
cart battery charger about 100 yards from my house.  That thing got
out better than I did.  :-)

The fact that it's only at night strongly hints at a TV, but maybe
it's a charger for a battery-powered car.  These days, who knows?

--
Bill, W6WRT