RFI

Re: [RFI] Paying for information

To: "RFI List" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Paying for information
From: "Jim Brown" <jimbrown.enteract@rcn.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 13:51:09 -0600
I have stated that it is common for foil/drain shielded cable to couple
sufficient AM broadcast RF or RF from a 100 watt HF ham transmitter
onto the signal pair for detection to occur in commonly used audio
gear, and that replacing that cable with a braid-shielded cable either
eliminates or greatly reduces the interference, depending on its
strength. In such a situation, 30 dB clearly DOES make an important
difference.

I have described the mechanism that does the conversion, and pointed
those who are interested to a detailed description of my test methods,
as well as a lot of data. The papers include answers to all of your
questions.

I am not willing to discuss this further with someone who has not read
at least one of the relevant papers.

Jim