RFI

Re: [RFI] Metricom?

To: jimjarvis@ieee.org
Subject: Re: [RFI] Metricom?
From: dj2001@mn.rr.com
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 07:33:56 -0600
I googled Metricom, and found no reference to involvement with
the power industry.  Are these boxes part of the Ricochet
network infrastructure?  What frequency are they operating on?
Where are boxes deployed, besides San Diego and Denver?

N2EA
jimjarvis@ieee.org

Looks like some confusion here. No connection with Metricom and the power company except the boxes are mounted on the street lights.

We were discussing two different systems. One is the Metricom which was intended as a wireless hookup to the internet that failed at least here in my town. The company went BR.

The other box we were discussing is a system which the power company uses to remotely read the electric meters. The two are not the same.

No other issues as to RFI ect, just a matter of interest and enlightenment.

73
Dale, K9VUJ