RFI

Re: [RFI] TV RFI

To: sean@k8khz.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] TV RFI
From: "N6KJ" <kelly@thejohnsons.ws>
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2004 10:07:11 -0700 (PDT)
I have almost the exact same problem when running either 40M or 80M.
Let me guess...the color blanks and the tv changes to "black-and-white"
during keydown.  I suspect that RF is getting into the color sync circuitry.
I was able to reduce it significantly by moving my antennas farther away
from the TV and by adding Mix 77 ferrites to all wires entering the TV.
I could eliminate it totally if I were to move my antennas even farther away,
but at this point it's nearly gone.  I recommend that you follow similar
corrective action.  Don't tell me you have a Mitsubishi :-)