RFI

Re: [RFI] Re: Baby monitor

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Re: Baby monitor
From: "Mark - AA6DX" <aa6dx@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 15:09:24 -0700
Hmmm .. I have 2 Realistic "FM CORDLESS ROOM MONITOR"s ... One in front of
me uses 49.86 & 49.89.
Pretty close to the Magic Band .. but, my 736 ICOM does not get interference
on receive.   I use the monitors for listening to the NASCAR races while I
do honey-dews, etc .. and, the swap net(s), and  .. monitor for 6M openings
while doing normal non-ham things.  These are essentially baby monitors, in
a brown and tan paint job VS pink and/or blue...I bought both of them at
yard sales many years ago, both work swell.   Would not that be something,
that a neighbor with a scanner would hear a 6M opening that I missed!
HihIhIHi....... Can't think of a single person hereabouts that could/would
be listening, and .. if they were, so what.  San Diego .. diff deal! San
Diego is 775 miles from Eurkea, and still in the same state!    I have been
going to put a pad, etc. in the audio input AND connect direct, no mike, but
found it is more handy to simply put the xmt unit near the speaker, turn the
speaker down so as to get the max fidelity, and tell the XYL not to give me
any verbal whuppins for a while!  Hah ..BTW, my scanner does pick up baby
monitors, but I VERY seldom check out that band of frequencies.   And .. if
I wished to not adhere to FCC regulations, I could use my IC-736 -- 1ØØ
watts ... on that fq and get some real coverage!    =|;?}
73, Y'all--- Mark, AA6DX  EUREKA, Far Northern California