RFI

Re: [RFI] New source of noise - how to turn stuff off

To: "'RFI List'" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] New source of noise - how to turn stuff off
From: Dave NØRQ <n0rq-lists@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 16:32:15 -0500
This is one good reason to get a under-the-monitor surge
protector, such as the Tripp Lite Command Console
(older units are available cheap on ebay sometimes), or some
other brand.  Don't buy it for the surge protection, but
buy it for the switching.  I never touch my printer or scanner
power buttons -- I flip the switches on the Tripp Lite, and since
it is right under the monitor, it is real easy to turn multiple things
off at once.  And when you do that, they really are OFF!  :-)

examples at:
http://zdnetshopper.search.com.com/search?part=&q=command+console+isobar

--
Dave NØRQ