RFI

Re: [TowerTalk] [Amps] Toyota SUV's For Mobile?

To: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>, <amps@contesting.com>,"Tower Talk List" <towertalk@contesting.com>,"RFI List" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] [Amps] Toyota SUV's For Mobile?
From: "Dan Hearn" <dhearn@wwnw.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 18:10:59 -0800
I have had no problems running my Yaesu ft857 in a Toyota Highlander. The hf
antenna is mounted on a 12 inch square aluminum plate attached to the top
lugage rack with tie wraps. The cross rails were set to the rearmost
position and a copper strap connects the plate to a tapped hole in the top
edge of the rear door opening. The rubber gasket seals the copper strap and
coax nicely and no water leakage problem. 73, Dan, N5AR