RFI

Re: [RFI] RFI Direction Finding

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI Direction Finding
From: "Donald Chester" <k4kyv@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 22:00:30 +0000
>The FM broadcast wouldn't be affect on an FM radio since noise is
>"Amplitude" in nature.  FM rcvrs won't pick them up (usually, although some
>rcvrs may).

I bought a $30 Radio Shack VHF aircraft radio receiver for the purpose.  It
is AM, not FM, and works very well.  I can track noise down to the exact
pole.

But the problem I have is travelling along the road with it.  With every
vehicle I have, ignition noise is as strong as the noise I am trying to
sniff out.  The bicycle is usually not an option because the main  highway
has a gravel shoulder.  I have been known to speed up in the car, turn off
the ignition, and coast while trying to find the noise.  If I think it is
nearby, I sometimes just walk with the radio to my ear.

Don k4kyv

like it.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak/
http://gigliwood.com/abcd/