RFI

Re: [RFI] 12vdc native laptop

To: rfi@contesting.com, tvi-rfi-emi <tvi-rfi-emi@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: Re: [RFI] 12vdc native laptop
From: doc <kd4e@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 17:14:25 -0500
 > FoMoCo EMC wrote:
> Most computer noise in a notebook computer that bothers you in the HF
> band will be from Switch Mode Power Supplies (SMPS).  A typical notebook
> has a few power supplies that can give you grief.

Thanks for the report!  I feared that.

I have now dismissed the idea of a laptop/notebook
and have moved on to a mini-PC.

I can provide the 12V and 5V power sources without
the use of SMPS.  I am hoping that neither the
motherboard nor any of the devices contain SMPS.

I need to identify a LCD display that does not
broadcast RFI and that runs on 12VDC.  It does
not have to be exceptionally large nor cutting
edge technology, just needs to have been properly
engineered to not interfere with RF devices
(proper bypassing, shielding, ferrite cores, etc).

Any recommendations?

--
Thanks! & 73, doc kd4e  http://bibleseven.com
Ham Links: http://bibleseven.com/hl.html