RFI

Re: [RFI] HIGH POWER and RFI...

To: "RFI List" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] HIGH POWER and RFI...
From: "Dale Frederick" <kb5iy@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 19:45:14 -0700
Funny that this should be mentioned, as I was about to post a message about
computer and stereo interference with a neighbor of mine. For years they
have never complained.. They were away for three weeks in January,  and and
came over a week ago Sunday saying that since they returned they were
hearing something on their computer and stereo speakers. Based on the times,
it coincides with my beam aimed over their house.

I am going to try some chokes, and feel that this may help with the stereo,
but the computer speakers are aanother matter. I've printed out copies of
some pages that the ARRL has, including what was the booklet that the FCC
used to make available; primarily to help them understand that the problem
is with their equipment.

Does anyone know if the chokes available from Radio Shack are any better
than the ones available from say, MFJ? Would it be better to order some
Ferrite Cores from Palomar Engineers or Amidon?

dale - KB5IY