RFI

Re: [RFI] SOLUTION - Keyboard Susceptibility (Sort of)

To: Rfi <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] SOLUTION - Keyboard Susceptibility (Sort of)
From: Alan NV8A <nv8a@att.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2007 14:46:46 -0400
On 08/11/07 10:39 pm Phil Duff & Ann Duff wrote:

> Another solution - a "real" keyboard - the old IBM Model "M" keyboards
> are still available:
>
> http://www.clickykeyboards.com
>
> I just replaced the cable on mine this week after purchasing the
> keyboard as new surplus back in the mid 1980's.
>
> Built like a battleship and still working fine and is/has been RFI free
> in a 1.5kw environment.  YMMV!

Now what about "real" keyboards with the Function keys in the correct
place -- on the left. I hate F-keys along the top and have for a long
time now been using "Gateway 2000" fully programmable keyboards I've
bought on eBay or found in the $3 bin at the local computer store. These
have 12 F-keys on the left, and I can do almost any combination of
Shift-Ctrl-Alt-FKey with very little hand movement -- was great for
WordPerfect, whose DOS version as long as 15 years ago had features I
still can't find in the other big-name wordprocessing programs.

73

Alan NV8A