RFI

Re: [RFI] CFL/warming

To: Frank T Brady <franktbrady@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [RFI] CFL/warming
From: Charles Gallo <Charlie@TheGallos.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 13:37:32 -0400

On 10/19/2007 Frank T Brady wrote:

> Out of band or not, I have thoroughly enjoyed this discourse.
> If the opposing points had not been made in context here,
> I would probably made a clumsy attempt of my own.
> 73
> Frank W0ECS

Warming, no warming, warming but not man made (my camp) - the idea of saving
energy is a good one - hey, I save energy, I pay less money.

Now back to on topic:

 I turn things OFF, I have less RFI

As for CFLs - I tried a few a bunch of years back, and they were horrid.  I've
tried a few recently (including one meant for outdoor use, in an enclosed
fixture), and it seems to work well - No RFI

I still have not seen at any local store what I'm realy looking for - dimmable
PAR30 and Par40 floodlight.  When I see them, I'll try them, and see if the cut
my electric bill.  Living in NYC, and paying ConEd electric rates (The highest
in the nation), anything I can do to cut electric use counts - heck, I got rid
of a perfectly good electric dryer, and bought a gas drier, as it cost me a LOT
less to run

Now, if I could only clear up the outgoing RFI to my neighbor (only 1, and I
know it's HIS problem, but...) and the incoming RFI when you have a house every
50 feet for gad knows how long

--
73 de KG2V

For the Children - RKBA!

"The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able may have a
gun."
-- Patrick Henry