RFI

Re: [RFI] OT? Why Does 1450 Wobble & 970 Not?

To: <doc@kd4e.com>, "'RFI List'" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] OT? Why Does 1450 Wobble & 970 Not?
From: "Tim Duffy K3LR" <k3lr@k3lr.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 14:47:29 -0600
1450 KHz has many more "local" stations on it in the USA than does 970.

1450 has better "sky wave propagation" being that it is higher in frequency.
So what you are hearing as wobble is either multiple stations on 1450 KHz or
more likely the effects of multi path propagation (ground wave and sky wave
which = QSB).

970 is a much better "ground wave" frequency than 1450.

>From a ground wave perspective:
5 KW at 570 KHz goes as far as 50 KW at 1500 KHz!

1500 has much better skywave propagation at night

73!
Tim K3LR