RFI

Re: [RFI] 6M Getting into TV Channel 3 - CLARIFIED!

To: World Wide Six Meter Club <sixclub@mailman.qth.net>, RFI List <rfi@contesting.com>, "tvi-rfi-emi@mailman.qth.net" <tvi-rfi-emi@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: Re: [RFI] 6M Getting into TV Channel 3 - CLARIFIED!
From: kd4e <doc@kd4e.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2008 11:06:19 -0400
Lots of great assistance already, thanks!

Here are some additional clarifications ...

1.  The interference is on all TV channels, VHF & UHF.

2.  Removing the distribution amp eliminates both my
     desirable TV signal and the 6M interference.

3.  I presume that my Yaesu FT-857D is not sending
     TV frequency signals to my homebrew delta loop
     so it must be that the distribution amp is picking
     up 6M along with the weaker TV signals and amplifying
     them all together.

Therefore, I am guessing that I need a 6M trap filter
just prior to the TV distribution amp. so it has nothing
on 6M to amplify.

Where do I find such a critter?  Or are they fairly
simple to build?

WDAYT?  (What Do All Y'all Think?)

:-)

--