RFI

Re: [RFI] CFLs and LEDs

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] CFLs and LEDs
From: Tom Frenaye <frenaye@hughes.net>
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2009 13:36:37 -0500
At 01:22 PM 2/1/2009, PaulKB8N@aol.com wrote:
>I've started accumulating burned out CFLs whose lifetime was far less than
>what was advertised.  I'm inclined to put them in a box and mail them to
>Congress and let them figure out how to dispose of them.

I had a couple from Home Depot fail in the first month, the ones that say
"Lasts 7 years".
These were n:vision brand BR40 120w equivalent bulbs and the fine print says
8000 hours.

I found the manufacturer at www.tcpi.com and they replaced two under warranty.
    http://www.nvisioncfl.com/warranty-information.aspx
Had to fill in a web form, took about two weeks for the replacements to arrive.
Keep your receipts and packaging materials...

        -- Tom