RFI

Re: [RFI] ATT U-Verse RFI issues???

To: Kelly Johnson <n6kj.kelly@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] ATT U-Verse RFI issues???
From: Martin Ewing <martin.s.ewing@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 18:07:36 -0400
I'm not a Uverse subscriber -- it's not in my neighborhood -- but I
can relate an incident that happened today.

I sometimes listen to a weak AM BC station on 820 kHz.  While driving
around town, I noticed the signal "weakened" quite a lot in a certain
area.  It sounded like my Rx was being de-sensed by something.  After
a bit, I noticed a Uverse "VRAD" box on the side of the road.  Coming
back the other way, I verified that the 820 kHz problem was centered
on that box, but extended about 1/4 - 1/2 mile as I followed the phone
lines on either side of the box.  Now, I'll have to check other VRADs
in the area.

I've had no identifiable issues with my AT&T 6 Mb/s DSL service, but
Uverse uses at least 10 x that bandwidth, so I would not be too
surprised if there were troubles in the lower HF bands.  I'd like to
hear from real Uverse users.

73 Martin AA6E