RFI

[RFI] LED light bar RFI

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] LED light bar RFI
From: "Dan Kovatch" <w8car@buckeye-express.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 06:34:10 -0500
I have several nice LED light bars as under cabinet lighting. Very efficient
power wise but they make more RFI across all the bands up through 6 meters
than the old switching supply I had with halogens. They use a 'constant
current' wall wart type supply and replacing them with a linear transformer
supply causes low light output probably because of the lack of constant
current. Another LED bar across the kitchen (different make) has no issues
with noise.

I have tried ferrite beads to no effect. Has anyone had luck taming these
critters?

Dan W8CAR