RFI

Re: [RFI] Power line noise

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Power line noise
From: K8TB <k8tb@bosscher.org>
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2010 19:38:23 -0500
Ash, the other have pointed out that you need to go higher frequency.
Check around your local repeaters and someone must have one of those
really cute FT-817's. Has 144 and 432 built in. Then use a 2 meter or
432 antenna, put the 817 on AM, and turn off the AGC (menu function).
This setup is very portable, and as others have indicated, your lo band
DFing may be thrown off by quite a factor.
     Try this and get back to the group. (This is my biggest request on
this forum. I can't go to sleep until you report back that you found the
spot :)

     tom K8TB, with a K3 in the shack :)