RFI

[RFI] Common mode chokes

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Common mode chokes
From: Chuck Hutton <charlesh3@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 01:31:09 +0000
Hi -

I've been using up some FT240-J cores to wind common mode chokes for Beverage
antenna feedlines. I use these antennas only for LW, MW and 160 m listening. In
looking at the Fair-Rite data for #31 cores, it looks like there is not much
difference between the two for MW and 160 m usage.

#31 seems to be the favorite these days, but given that my chokes are already
wound isthere much point to udoing them and using #31????

Chuck