RFI

Re: [RFI] CFL Bulbs that are OK!

To: "'Group RFI'" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] CFL Bulbs that are OK!
From: "N0RQ-lists" <n0rq-lists@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 11:47:09 -0600
I've wondered if/when houses will be built with low-voltage wiring and
outlets as standard.  The proliferation of cheapo wall-warts could (in
theory) come to an end.  New motto: "An Ameritron 12vDC linear supply in
every home!"

My biggest beef with CFLs has been life expectancy.  I've purchased from
Home Depot, Sam's, etc, and replaced some incandescents...  but a number of
them have burned out in a matter of months.  No, I don't put them on dimmers
or in ceiling fans.  They have not been a money-saver for me.  So I'm
sticking with the old-fashioned type that works -- and am teaching the kids
to turn off the lights. :-)  Maybe I should go dig out the old candle-making
kit...

Dave N0RQ