RFI

Re: [RFI] Cell Phone Charger Duracell made in China

To: "Chuck Shinn" <chuck.shinn@verizon.net>, rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Cell Phone Charger Duracell made in China
From: "Dale Svetanoff" <svetanoff@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2011 10:46:38 -0600
Chas,

If ther unit is that "dirty", I have to wonder if this is one of those
instances in which parts (used for EMI control) are being omitted from the
production version of the item.  The only way to know for sure is to open
it up and inspect the board.  On the other hand, FCC Part 15 radiated
emission limits do not apply below 26 MHz, and they don't consider
conducted emissions.  You might try powering the device via a high quality
power line filter, BUT you would need to get one with serious attentuation
down to 2 MHz.  Those are not real common.  The usual lower cost line
filters are not effective that low in frequency.

73, Dale
WA9ENA