RFI

Re: [RFI] Sylvaniai LED bulb interference 20 meters too

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Sylvaniai LED bulb interference 20 meters too
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 00:53:25 -0800
On 1/11/2011 6:51 PM, Cortland Richmond wrote:
> a coaxial power plug doesn't have a "pin 1" problem;

It certainly could.  If there happens to be common mode RF current on
that power cable, where does that common mode current go?  We would like
it to go to the chassis, NOT inside the box, as I described.

Obviously, if one insists on keeping V- off of the chassis, this sort of
problem could also be solved by decoupling and bypassing of both
conductors, but as Henry Ott has so poetically observed, we tend to
forget the invisible schematic hiding behind the ground symbol.

73, Jim K9YC