RFI

Re: [RFI] Clamp on RF meter

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Clamp on RF meter
From: "Martin Sole" <hs0zed@csloxinfo.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 07:22:14 +0700
Thanks guys,

I modelled mine on the one shown on the page Bert mentioned
http://www.ifwtech.co.uk/g3sek/clamp-on/clamp-on.htm
I'm not so much interested in absolute readings so a pot might be the way to
go for best flexibility. Thinking about what is an acceptable amount to see
on any given wire I would guess that the answer will depend on the
susceptibility of the device to which it is connected or how close the
receiving antenna is to the unwanted radiator.

I saw a comment somewhere previously that the snap on ferrite, designed for
rfi applications would be less than ideal as a core for the current sense
because it would add appreciable series inductance. In a relative sensing
application I'm not sure this matters greatly though.

Martin, HS0ZED