RFI

Re: [RFI] Comcast Wall warts

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Comcast Wall warts
From: Peter Laws <plaws@plaws.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 09:36:54 -0500
On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 09:27, Cortland Richmond <ka5s@earthlink.net> wrote:
> Started in 2006 in California.  The Federal government  was persuaded to
> adopt the CA standard so mfrs would not need different products for
> different states. Check out these links.

Thanks.

So it's like "banning" incandescent lamps: there is no law banning
anything but there is a law mandating efficiency.

IOW, if you can build a linear power supply (or incandescent lamp)
that meets the standards, have at it.  Works for me.

The various industries seemed to be moving in that direction anyway,
since the smaller size and lighter weight of switchers was financially
attractive to them.  Now, if we could just get the FCC to actually
apply RFI standards ...